High Altitude Flight
General Subject Course
Avsoft’s High Altitude Flight Course explores three aspects of high altitude flight: aerodynamics, physiology, and weather.
Learning objectives include:
- IAS, TAS, and Mach number
- Airfoil flow characteristics
- High altitude flight limitations
- Hypoxia and trapped gases
- Decompression and motion sickness
- Visual and spatial disorientation
- The effects of alcohol and drugs
- Tropopause, troposphere, and jet streams
- Clear Air Turbulence (CAT)
- Cloud types, thunderstorms, and windshear
- Volcanic ash
Each module concludes with a test, and when all the modular tests are successfully completed, a certificate of completion is generated.
Customers also have the option of creating a final exam.
This course is designed to provide around
of comprehensive High Altitude Flight training.
This course is designed to comply with EASA, FAA, ICAO, and Transport Canada regulations.
This course is designed to provide initial training for pilots and dispatchers. Customers can tailor this course to fit their recurrent training requirements.
This couse can be customized for Airlines and ATOs.
This course can be viewed on Mac and Windows using any major internet browser. With the Portable Classroom app, this course can be viewed on Android and iPad tablets.