General Subject Course
Avsoft’s Volcanic Ash Course explores:
- Effects of volcanic ash on air transportation
- Basic concepts of volcanic eruptions
- Characteristics and classification of ash plumes
- Volcanic ash monitoring and alerting systems
- Effects of volcanic ash on aircraft
- Associated risks
- Procedures for inflight encounters with volcanic ash
- Volcanic activity reporting
Each module concludes with a test, and when all the modular tests are successfully completed, a certificate of completion is generated.
Customers also have the option of creating a final exam.
- Introduction to Volcanic Activities
- Risks Associated to Aircraft
- Operations in Areas with Volcanic Hazards
This course is designed to provide around
of comprehensive Volcanic Ash training.
This course is designed to comply with EASA, FAA, ICAO, and Transport Canada regulations.
This course is designed to provide initial training for pilots and dispatchers. Customers can tailor this course to fit their recurrent training requirements.
This couse can be customized for Airlines and ATOs.
This course can be viewed on Mac and Windows using any major internet browser. With the Portable Classroom app, this course can be viewed on Android and iPad tablets.